8205 NE 4th Plain Rd
Vancouver, WA 98662
to print your "All About Me" form
Welcome to TPCC’s Secret Sisters
A Women’s Connection Ministry
Welcome to Secret Sister Ministries! All ladies in the church are invited to participate in this ministry of caring and sharing with other sisters in Christ. If you’d like to participate in this ministry, please complete the “All About Me” form (found on the website and at the church) and turn it in at the Secret Sister Brunch on December 8, 2012 (or before if you are unable to attend.)
Our Secret Sisters for the coming year will be chosen at the Secret Sister Brunch. Each attendee will select an “All About Me” form which will provide the name and information of the secret sister they will minister to throughout the year. If you wish to participate in the Secret Sister ministry and you will not be able to attend the brunch, please contact LaDonna Smithline 360.686.0841 so we can make arrangements to get the “All About Me” forms completed in time for our Secret Sister kick off! All Secret Sister assignments will be made by the date of the brunch.
It’s wonderful to have someone that prays for you daily and is there to send you an encouraging note from time to time. We’ll be keeping our “sisters” a secret, so don’t let anyone know whose name you have. At the end of the program year, we’ll reveal who our “sisters” are.
What are your responsibilities if you participate in the Secret Sister Ministry?
1. Know that it is a commitment. The sister you are assigned will be expecting you to uphold her in your prayers and she should be able to rely on you for encouragement.
2. Pray daily for your sister. Refer to her “All About Me” form to get to know her needs and her family’s needs so that you may pray specifically for them.
3. Be an encouragement to your sister. Send her cards or notes of encouragement. Please try to contact your sister by means of a note or card at least once a month.
4. Remember your sister on her special occasions. Don’t forget to send cards and/or gifts for her birthday, anniversary, and special landmarks in your sister’s life.
5. Keep it a secret! Don’t let anyone know whom you have. Leave your cards, notes, and gifts on the Secret Sister table located outside the fellowship hall when no one is around or have someone else deliver them. Remember: Don’t sign your name or use your return address on anything. You may, however, use the church address as a return address. Also, if your handwriting is easily identified, consider typing your correspondence or have someone else write it for you.
6. If during the ministry year you are unable to continue in the Secret Sister Ministry prior to its end, please contact a Women’s Ministry team member. If any situationarises that prevents you from fulfilling your commitment to your Secret Sister for theprogram year, contact the Women’s Ministry so another sister can be found for the ladyyou were assigned.
Above all, have fun and enjoy getting to know your sister! You can be the instrument God has placed in her life to offer the encouragement she needs right when she needs it.
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” James 5:16 (NIV).
Praying daily for your sister will strengthen you and the rewards can be immeasurable.